The Friends of “R” House is always looking for dependable assistance. If you, or a currently enrolled high school or college student you know, are looking for community service opportunities or internship experience please contact us at Rengstorff.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer for Events such as Where History Meets Haunting, the Spring Tea, or with our of Exhibitions. See our postings on VolunteerMatch.org
Friends of “R” House volunteer applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
The Friends of “R” House is a small member/donor supported 501(c)(3) public benefit nonprofit corporation. We work in cooperation with the City of Mountain View to support the Rengstorff House, promote its history, and that of the surrounding locality, as well as the history of the Rengstorff family and their contribution to local history.
We currently have a seven-member board of directors which oversees the administration of the association and all of its facets. We are seeking extra pairs of hands, especially where event promotion, communications, and museum studies are concerned. If you are an interested college student looking for an internship and are interested in gaining valuable experience working with a history based public benefit nonprofit we encourage you to apply.
FRH Internship Application applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. All applicants must fill out the application in its entirety along with any and all corresponding documents requested. Please email all materials to Rengstorff.email@example.com or mail a hardcopy to: Attn: Internship, Friends of “R” House, 3070 N. Shoreline Blvd, Mountain View, CA 94043.
Volunteer to be on the Board of Directors
The Friends of “R” House are currently seeking individuals with specialized skills to serve on the Board of Directors or on one of the functions thereof.
- Executive Administrative board member willing to sit for a 2 year term. The Executive Board of the Friends of “R” House is seeking someone with administrative experience to join the executive committee. Duties include, but are not necessarily limited to: the maintenance of corporate record, the recording of minutes and distribution thereof, attendance at quarterly meetings, assistance with events and meeting preparation. Experience in administrative/office related procedure is required. Must be able to write and articulate coherently, be computer literate, and work in a team environment. Advertising/Marketing experience is a plus. Please direct inquiries and/or submit resume and cover letter to Jen Roger Friendspresident@gmail.com
- Board of Directors - Publicity Chair - The Friends of “R” House are seeking someone with experience in Marketing and advertising who is willing to sit as a member of the Board of Directors for a 2 year term. Experience in social media, corporate branding, print and electronic advertising are required. We are seeking someone who has the ability help grow the public face of the Friends of “R” House as well as promote our events and activities. Publicity Chair will need to attend quarterly meetings and be available for our events. Please direct inquiries and/or submit resume and cover letter to Jen Roger Friendspresident@gmail.com
- Web designer - The Board of Director of the Friends of “R” House is seeking a volunteer web designer willing to fill the position for 2 years. Requirements include being able to work on and update www.r-house.org. Designer will be directly responsible for updating and designing the splash page and maintaining the board and event pages as needed. We need to significantly overhaul and grow our web presence. Designer will work closely with the Executive Board and Publicity Chair. Please direct inquiries and/or submit resume and cover letter to Jen Roger Friendspresident@gmail.com
- Development officer - The Friends of “R” House are seeking someone with development experience to sit on the Board of Directors for a period of 2 years. Our vision for the right Development Officer includes someone who will advance the mission of the Friends and provide for a personal connection into successful fundraising. By building on the Friends previous experience of an active and involved directorate, s/he will lead the that function, prioritize development practices, leverage existing partnerships, and cultivate new relationships to achieve our contribution and strategic goals. Development office will need to be available for quarterly meetings and events as needed. Development officer works directly with our Executive Board and as an extension of our Financial Officer. Please direct inquiries and/or submit resume and cover letter to Jen Roger Friendspresident@gmail.com
- Registrar/Collections Management Intern - The Friends of “R” House are seeking a collection management intern / volunteer able to commit to at least 6 months of work. We are actively looking for student or recent graduates of a museum studies program who have an interest in learning about historic house museum operations though collections management. We are looking for someone able to devote a minimum of 4 hours a week to photographing artifacts, condition reporting, records maintenance, etc. This includes documentation, care, and storage, as well as proper exhibition. The incumbent is also responsible for records and physical management of in‐coming and out‐going loaned exhibitions and artifacts and takes on a supporting role in the development and implementation of the Friends temporary and permanent exhibits. Collections intern works directly with the Executive Committee and Collections Chair and must be available for quarterly board meetings. Please direct inquiries and/or submit application, resume and cover letter to Jen Roger Friendspresident@gmail.com
- Exhibitions Intern - The Friends of “R” House are looking for a currently enrolled student or recent museum studies graduate who is interested in volunteering with the Friends board of directors in assisting with the organization of exhibitions related to local history, Rengstorff history, and 19th century social, economic, and political facets. Intern works directly with the Collections Chair and Collections Intern to find materials, seek items for loan, assist in writing exhibit labels, setup and removal of exhibit material and artifacts as well as exhibition design and promotion. We are seeking someone who can devote at least 6 hours a week to the internship for a period of 6 months. Must be available for quarterly board meetings. Please direct inquiries and/or submit application, resume and cover letter to Jen Roger Friendspresident@gmail.com
Thank you for your interest.