Historic Preservation Organizations
- National Trust for Historic Preservation - The National Trust is a nonprofit organization with more than 260,000 members. As the leader of the national preservation movement, the National Trust is committed to saving America’s diverse historic environments and to preserving and revitalizing the livability of communities nationwide. It has seven regional offices, owns 18 historic sites and works with thousands of community groups in all 50 states.
- National Park Service - Historic Preservation projects of the NPS.
- National Register of Historic Places - The National Register of Historic Places is the United States of America’s official list of historic properties worthy of preservation. The National Park Service maintains this register of districts, sites, buildings, structures, and objects significant in American history, architecture, archeology, engineering, and culture.
- California Historical Society - As the state’s official historical society, they hold extensive materials about California’s rich history.
- Victorian Preservation Association of Santa Clara Valley - Members of the Victorian Preservation Association of Santa Clara Valley, a non-profit organization, share an interest in the older buildings of our community, especially turn-of-the-century homes.
- Preservation Action Council of San Jose - The Preservation Action Council of San Jose is a non-profit membership organization providing information to property owners and education to the public, and promoting programs and policies for historic preservation and compatible new architectural design.
- Mountain View Historical Association - The Mountain View Historical Association was established over 50 years ago and currently has 350 members. The Association is dedicated to preserving the rich heritage of Mountain View by gathering data and cooperating with other organizations to promote and publish the history of this area. Currently, we are involved in fundraising to build a Mountain View Museum at Cuesta Annex to preserve and celebrate the history of Mountain View.
- Preserve & Protect - A not-for-profit corporation providing space on the World Wide Web for Historic Preservation and Environmental Protection Organizations